There are many factors that contribute to dry dehydrated skin, especially during the summer months. Here are some of the factors that dehydrate the skin and how you can avoid it.
- High Temperature – With the summer months comes higher temperatures the heat in the air tends to dry out your skin. Just think about what happens when you bake a cake for too long, eventually the cake will lose its moisture and become dry. The same thing happens to your skin if you do not take care of it.
- Gerovital Luxury Miraculous Oil Face is a mixture of nurturing oils including almond oil, avocado oil, marigold oil, and organic oily extract of poppy flowers, improved with vitamins A and E with antioxidative properties offers relief to dry or dehydrated skin, improves the signs of premature aging amd fights dullness.
- High Humidity – Summer months are not only hot, but in some places very humid. The humidity is not good for your skin at all. The humidity in the air slowly draws the moisture from your skin leaving it dry and dehydrated. With a balanced association of hydrating ingredients, Gerovital Luxury Drop for Daily Hydration ensures preservation of humidity on the surface and on the inside of the skin.
- Intense UV Radiation – The UV rays are extra strong in the summer and people are more willing to expose themselves of UV rays in the summer as well. As we know, UV rays eventually burn the skin, results in not only damaged and injured skin, but extremely dry skin. Using a skin moisturizer will not only hydrate your skin, but it can also protect your skin from the harm of UV rays.
- Heavy Air-Conditioning – When the summer heat arrives, the air conditioned rooms follow. Although necessary for comfortable living in the summer heat, heavily air conditioned rooms can cause your skin to dry. The prolonged exposure to the cold air will dry up your skin and leave it looking dehydrating and irritated. Even though you are escaping the heat, humidity, and harmful UV rays, make sure your moisturize while indoors as well.
One of the best tips to keep your skin hydrated and glowing this summer is to get acquainted with Hyaluronic Acid. Hyaluronic Acid is a powerhouse ingredient, and it plays a crucial role in skin health as it helps our cells to retain water.
Hyaluronic Acid is actually produced naturally in our bodies, however, as we age, our body's natural levels decrease, which means our skin cells can't retain as much water. This then causes our skin to sag and fine lines and wrinkles to appear.
When you use products containing HA, it penetrates the skin and helps your cells to stay more hydrated, it boosts skin elasticity, aids with tissue repair and provides a protective barrier over your skin to lock in moisture and maintain that healthy glow.